[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
*SPAM* Re: *SPAM* submission problems/confusion on new site
- From: Mike Marino <mmarino@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: *SPAM* Re: *SPAM* submission problems/confusion on new site
- Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:46:35 -0700
I ran into problems similar to this. I have suggestions for you to
check a few things that might help.
First off, the collections on the WebSearch interface need to be
updated to look for your new document. This can be done by creating a
new collection and then specifying a search query to look for your
document (something like collection:YOURDOCTYPE, where YOURDOCTYPE is
the Document type ID).
Also, since you cloned a document type, you have to modify the
parameters of the functions used by the submission, modification, etc.
interfaces as well as modify the bibconvert templates (xml templates)
located in /path/to/cdsware/etc/bibconvert/config to correspond to
your particular document type. In particular, you need to
1. change the parameter rnin in the function
Report_Number_Generation to comboYOURDOCTYPE
2. copy the 3 *.tpl templates of an old document type and modify
them appropriately for the new document type(i.e. change their name
and some of their content).
3. change the parameters in the functions Make_Record,
Modify_Record to correspond to the appropriate *.tpl files.
4. I might be forgetting other parameters. It would be good to
look through the functions and their descriptions to help here.
I had a difficult time understanding the flow of data in this program
initially, but this is how I think it works (which I think is helpful
to understanding this problem):
During submission/modification of a record, data is obtained and
stored in files in a temporary directory. This data corresponds to
the Elements used on submission/modification pages. This data is read
and an xml file is created according to the *.tpl files. (To
understand this, it is good to read the bibconvert admin page.) The
xml file is upload into the mysql database and the various data are
sorted into appropriate bib tables according to its MARC code.
Bibindex is run and updates the indices, pulling data from bib tables
into wordindx and phrsindx tables in order to create searchable
indices. Webcoll is run, updating the collections viewed on the
I hope this helps, but I'm sure it's a little vague.
On 7/13/05, Stuart Marshall <marshall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi have set up a new site and run "make create-demo-site".
> I cloned the picture doc type to make a figure doc type and
> then submitted a figure.
> I started bibsched -d running and followed the directions in the
> how-to for webcoll etc.
> The first figure that I uploaded is there in the file system but
> I can't browse or search for it. So I figured I should try to load
> one of the predefined types. I did two of those with the same
> The filesystem:
> # ls ../var/data/files/g0/*
> I got emails with:
> The document PICTURE-TEST-DIAG-2005-001
> Title: Hubble UDF
> Author(s): HST, A.
> has been correctly received
> It will be soon added to our Document Server.
> Once inserted, you will be able to check the bibliographic information and the quality of the electronic documents at this URL:
> If you detect an error please let us know by sending an email to root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Thank you for using XXXXX Document Server Test Installation Submission Interface.
> The search url <http://xxxxx.stanford.edu/cds/search.py?recid=2> worked
> generating: "Record created 2005-07-13, last modified 2005-07-13".
> The bibsched interface shows:
> ID PROC USER RUNTIME SLEEP STATUS PROG
> --- ---- ---- ------------------- ----- ----- ----
> 91 webcoll root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 12:36:08 20m WAITING No
> 83 bibindex root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 12:41:11 1h WAITING No
> 84 bibreformatroot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 12:41:53 1h WAITING No
> 85 bibrank root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 12:42:29 1h WAITING No
> But when I go to the search page I always get:
> "This collection does not contain any document yet."
> So I must be missing some step between submission and "publication". There
> don't appear to be any items in the approvals pages either.
> Sorry if I've missed the answer in the docs. I've tried to find it!